Your support will allow me to continue furthering my objectives:
- Inspire healthy living and an appreciation of the natural world through outdoor activity. “Nature Therapy” has been shown in many studies to be one of the best things you can do for mental and physical health. I have experienced this in my own life. One of the greatest rewards I get is knowing my work has helped people in similar situations.
- Bring recognition and support to local volunteer organizations, groups, unsung heroes and causes. Those who take the time and effort to construct, maintain and protect our natural assets. I use my growing social media influence and the guides on my website to spotlight volunteer activism.
- Put Nova Scotia on the map of the best ecotourism destinations in the world. Our unique natural assets have enormous untapped potential to sustain an economy based on their preservation. These assets attract new citizens and business to our region and can put us at the forefront of a modern, sustainable, green economy.
- Explore, map, photograph and post new guides for all of the parks, trails and outdoor adventure destinations throughout Nova Scotia. HalifaxTrails.ca is the beginning, NovaScotiaTrails.ca is the goal.
- Continue to update my maps, guides, photos, videos and social media accounts.
- Develop a mobile app.
- Upgrade hardware and software to improve production quality. What I’ve created so far has been done on a shoestring budget, with entry-level, basic equipment. I currently don’t have enough funding to cover direct expenses let alone equipment upgrades.
- Eliminate the need for advertisements on the website.